Sunday 14 December 2008

Potty apologies

The very lovely Potty Mummy tagged me twice recently and I've only just got round to including them here......slapped wrists for me - I really do get a buzz when I'm tagged!

Anyway, to the first tag and celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I need to nominate seven people to share this - it's dead simple. All you have to do is put the logo on your blog, add a link to the person who shared it with you, nominate at least 7 other blogs and leave a message for your nominees on their blog.

The second tag was to reveal seven random facts about myself. And believe me, I can be random!

1) I can't sing. I think I can sing but the horrified expressions on the faces of my colleagues on Friday night when I sang Mercy should have given me a bit of a clue. Especially when a rather bedraggled looking porter could be heard loudly proclaim "She should give us some bleeding Mercy!".

2) I've still got my Gordon the Gopher puppet that I had for Christmas during both his and Andi Peters' heyday. And, rather shamelessly, I won't let Mac play with him. Or even touch him. Bad mummy.

3) White wine makes me fall over. One sip and I'm literally legless. I can drink red wine until it comes out of my ears but not white. Funnily enough, rose wine has the same effect as white but I can at least get through a glass before keeling over.

4) I am a hypochondriac. When I was fifteen I had terrible stomach pains and was convinced I had appendicitis - I made an emergency appointment at the doctors. There I was, lying on the couch when he approached and started prodding my stomach. He probed the "tender" area and I sat bolt upright and nutted him one. My resulting headache took my mind off my stomach and the GP was off for two days with a black eye.

5) I passed my driving test at the fifth attempt. First I failed because I was driving too fast, then too slow, then too close to parked cars and then in the middle of the road, then I was hesitant at junctions then too pushy at junctions - I coasted through my fifth driving test on several doses of Kalms.

6) I believe in angels. No, not the ABBA song but the spirit beings. And I talk to them. And spirits - so if you ever see me talking to myself, rest assured I'm not. Well, not all of the time anyway.

7) I was banned from the Brownies for poking my tongue out at Brown Owl. I tried to convince her that I was giving it an airing but she refused point blank to believe me. Especially when Kelly Finch told Brown Owl that I'd called her a "big fat moose".

My lucky seven, for both tags, are:


Sorry if you've already been tagged.......I really must have a good old catchup with all of my blogging chums!

4 comments:

Potty Mummy said...

Given my track record with tags, you were positively speedy! Nice list NH Mum - loved the appendicitis one. And the driving test. And the - oh all of them, really...

Tim Atkinson said...

Right, I'm doing this here and now:
I'm a virgo;
I was born in Colchester;
I can drink red/white/rose till it comes out of my ears and still not fall over - I wish I would, sometimes;
I think I've just found out the meaning of life. It has a lot to do with Laurie Lee;
I love blogging; I used to read the papers, but this is much more entertaining;
I'm a big softee - that bit in 'Railway Children' when Jenny Agutter shouts "Daddy, oh my daddy" - well, I'm filling up now;
and I'm impulsive - it's a quarter to eleven (whatever Blogger says) and I should be in bed (Charlie's got croup - the last two nights have been quite bad.) But I'm here instead. And I can count to seven!

The Merry said...

Re #6 -- whatever happened to your "tenant", the woman who used to live in your home and came back now and then? Is she still around? I've forgotten her name, and the title of the post you wrote, but it was a fascinating story. Something about a bomb shelter buried in your backyard.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Potty!

The Dotterel, you rebel you!

Merry....Gladys.....she's still around but haven't heard/seen that much of her just lately. I keep thinking that I should try and get in touch with her but I reckon she'll come to me when she wants me!

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.