Wednesday 14 May 2008

Clotted cream mystery

Cheery Postman knocked on my door this morning and asked me to sign for a package which I did, all the time thinking "I haven't ordered anything, perhaps David has". It was addressed to "The Mitchells" and felt interesting. I rang David who pondered with me for a little while as to had sent us the mystery package. "Listen, you may as well open it" he reasoned. So I did. And found a Rodda's Cream Tea - 2 scones, 2 tea bags, strawberry jam and a pot of clotted cream.

David was highly delighted with this news as he knows that I don't like clotted cream. I was more concerned about who had sent it to us: we don't know anyone who lives in Cornwall, nor do we know anyone who has gone to Cornwall on their holibobs.......so, confusion abounds in Nunhead.

But they were so scrummy so thank you mystery scone sender, it was much appreciated!

2 comments:

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

Man, I wish I could have such a mystery Cornwall package. One of my fondest memories is cream tea at the Minack Theatre when I visited. *mmmm*! (thought I'd check out your blog, saw you at MYA's)

Millennium Housewife said...

If the mystery cream tea sender is reading this, you're welcome to send some to the Millennium Housewife, I promise I'll sign for it MH

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.