Sunday 19 August 2007

New Love

David has another female in his life. He's smitten, gone loopy, lovesick, off his food and has got a stupid grin on his face. I'm putting on a brave expression on my own face and plotting my revenge on the lovesick swain. The new love of his life is called Marissa and is sturdy yet nippy and has immaculate bodywork. And he's spent all day washing, polishing, buffing and hoovering her.

She is, of course, our brand new mode of transport - Marissa the Meriva. We picked her up yesterday before we headed off to watch Millwall v Cheltenham at the Den. There I was, worrying that we'd lose our one goal lead and there he was, worrying that Marissa was being molested by a passing car thief. Mac was more concerned that he wouldn't be able to meet Zampa the team mascot after the game. After the game we headed off to Halfords. We bought car mats, travel rugs, car shampoo, car wax and a wacky air freshener to hang from the rear view mirror. I drew the line at a roof rack of any description.

Today was spent peering up at the sky and washing, polishing, buffing and hoovering in between the rain showers. In fact, at one point he was out there rubbing off the rain drops as they fell. Mac declared his daddy was "mad mummy" and continued his drawing of Marissa the Meriva driving dangerously close to a cliff edge. And I am convinced I've just heard David whisper "night night" to his beloved vehicle.

I plan to get behind Marissa's wheel as soon as possible and show her exactly who's boss. All I've got to do is find out where David has hidden her car keys......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure you'll look just as good as Jenifer Aniston, if not better.

Men and their machines! My husband has far too many, hardly any time for the love one.

Crystal xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dulwichmum said...

Indeed, men and their cars! (sigh)

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

That's the only time you can get men to hoover...

Gwen said...

Some men can get more gooey eyed over a car than they can a woman. Very strange, and then they can't understand how we can get so excited over shoes!

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.