Thursday 26 March 2009

Day One

Ameila is here and arrived at quarter past eleven with enough luggage to cover at least a week long stay. The clouds of doom are getting thicker and heavier around my head, the dogs are already moping in their baskets, knowing they're in for the duration.

Thus far we have the following:

Criticisms of my wifely skills: five
Criticisms of my motherly skills: eight
Complaints about my cooking/"lack of imagination in the kitchen": three
Comments about the "state of the house": ten (three bathroom related comments)
Suggestions that she is bored already: two
Suggestions for "fun" things for me to do to "entertain her": six
Sarcastic comments directed at friends/family/mums at school gate: numerous
Times I wanted to tell her where to go and what to do when she got there: far too many to even mention

5 comments:

Potty Mummy said...

How about actually putting your list up on a board in the kitchen and wordlessly stalking over to it and adding to the tally each time she makes a remark? Something tells me that would soon calm her down...

ADDY said...

Buy her the latest edition of Grumpy Old Women! Or treat her to a bottle of "Old Git" wine!

nappy valley girl said...

Pretend you have a condition that has rendered you temporarily deaf and just look blank whenever she says anything?

aims said...

Love the above suggestions!

How tempting are they!

Sorry - I don't have any words of wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Suggest you get pissed tonight and spend all day tomorrow in bed - give her something else to moan at you about!

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.