Thursday 1 January 2009

Hibernation

The first day of a new year and all I want to do is sit in the warm, swaddled in fleeces and drinking hot beverages. I did, however, venture out this morning at ten to nine with Mac and all three dogs for a run round Peckham Rye park whilst David scrambled eggs and peeled smoked salmon off of the packet. I'm not a great fan of New Years Eve - I think that it's all a bit maudlin, there even (for me, anyway) seems to have a forced jollity about it all. Grinning presenters on BBC1 and all that. Bah Humbug even.

I'm having an odd day. I feel a bit low, but then it's that time of year isn't it? I'm a generally happy, bright person so find it incredibly hard to be melancholy but I know I need to let that emotion out so that I can get back on track again. Wow, this is so unlike me, I feel I need to give myself a good shake!

My mood is gradually improving as the day goes on though. They're showing an Only Fools and Horses marathon on G.O.L.D at the moment which never fails to make me smile, no matter how often I see it. Lots of snuggles and cuddles on the sofa, David is doing me a favour by eating the last of the Quality Street, Senior and Middle Dog are upside down in their beds in the warm and cosy hallway whilst Junior Dog is lying flat out in the middle of the room. Mac is reluctantly letting me share the sofa with him and about sixteen million toys.

This scene is coming up soon so I'm going back to the sofa to enjoy it fully.

Tomorrow is another day, when normal Nunhead Mum service will be resumed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go out and get a lungful of the cold, crisp air.
I wrapped the family up in about 15 layers each and heaved them out of the house today to go walking in the forests by us.
They moaned and whined all the way, but boy did we feel great afterwards.
Quick pitstop for a hot choc and then marching off again.
3 year old demanding to be carried on somebody's ANYBODY'S shoulders towards the end was a bit stressful, but we worked through it!
Happy New Year to you.
Hope you manage to find a way out of your 'funk' x

Tim Atkinson said...

I think it's the fact that there's still most of winter left, but no Christmas to look forward to - just snow, and ice, and fog, and rain. Oh hell, I'm depressed now!

Anonymous said...

I do hope you feel better soon. I love Only Fools too, could watch it over and over.

Happy New Year to you.

CJ xx

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.