Tuesday 16 June 2009

It's official.....

.....healthy eating is bad for you. Seriously. The Healthy Mob are dropping like flies all around me - Bea was on the receiving end of a particularly dodgy nettle batch at the weekend and spent Sunday "in agony darling, I think they stung every inch of me as I digested them". Janey broke a tooth on a stick of celery on Wednesday, Scarlett caused a major scare on Friday when she broke out in a rash after eating nearly an entire punnet of strawberries - Janey "thought it was that illness, y'know, menin-wotsit, until I found the missing box of strawbs" and Matthew choked on a radish on Sunday and had to be whacked "really quite hard and over and over again" on the back Lydia reported to me this morning.

David is suffering terribly with wind after our dinner of salad last night - he insisted on having the three bean couscous with it - and my boss rang me this morning to see if I could work this Friday and apologised for lisping - "I had athparaguth latht night and it'th made all my lipth thwell up - I look like Lethlie Ath".

So I don't feel in the thlighetht, sorry, slightest bit guilty as I munch my way through my Ayres Chicken Tikka doorstep. With lettuce. Well, you've got to try haven't you?

3 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

Knew it! Fish 'n' chips for me this evening...

Nunhead Mum of One said...

I've got an urge for a kebab. With chilli sauce.....

aims said...

I knew it!

I'm eating alone tonight so I'm thinking potatoe chips for the main course with some kind of lovely chocolate for dessert.

Nutricious sounding isn't it? I think so. (and safe)

All about me

My photo
Nunhead, London, United Kingdom
I'm a mum of one, wife of one and owner to several dogs, a variety of breeds and sizes. I live in the up and coming area (or so they say) of Nunhead and have mad neighbours, strange friends and certifiable relatives. I shop locally, although I do defect to Sainsburys once a week - shoot me now local shopkeepers.